Friday, September 18, 2015

Altered Art Journal with ColourArte

Hello friends

Here is an Altered brochure courtesy my dentist which I have used to make an Art Journal. As the pages were thick and in matte finish, I decided to prep the pages with Gesso and make this for my Design Team post for ColourArte.


I have used the Radiant Rain Mists and Silk Acrylic Glazes from ColourArte in this Journal cover.


Radiant Rain Shimmer Mist ,Pink Grapefruit,  approximately 1.5 oz
Is a unique Watercolor-Acrylic Hybrid paint consisting of brilliant finely dispersed pigments, micas, proprietary crystalline elements and acrylic resin binder.When misted it produces gorgeous shimmering color adding brilliance to your art


Here is a closer picture of my art Journal Cover Page...........



Please visit the ColourArte blog to see a step by step tutorial. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments.
linking to 
http://www.designsbyryn.blogspot.ca/2015/09/september-customer-creation-challenge.html
http://rubberdance.blogspot.in/2015/09/september-challenge.html ................I used the Dec 2014 colour scheme and the Pansies Rubber stamp from Designs by Ryn.





Please do leave your comments. I would love to read what you say and I would love to visit your blog too !!

11 comments:

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Wow. .heading there !

Suchi said...

Such a beautiful art journal page Suman..I love that texture on the background and the subtle colors used :)
Suchi xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Especially fascinated with the center!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Suman, thanks so much for adding this to my challenge :) As I said on the ColourArte post, I LOVE the texture that you've got going on in this page! Also like how you framed the little window with Pansies. All my best to you!

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulously gorgeous project!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LESSology this month:):)

yyam said...

It is very pretty! Love the beautiful splattering and use of those stencils.
Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

Bibi Lindahl said...

Hi Suman! This is SO beautiful!!! I absolutely love it!! Thank you so much for joining our September challenge. Good to see you there! :-)
(Sorry for commenting so late, I've been ill)

Unknown said...

Stuuning art journal cover! Wish I had awesome mixed media skills like you...

Dortesjs said...

absolutely stunning ;O))

sheila 77 said...

Your art and the way you use colour and texture is just magical. This is really beautiful with a great depth but has the focal points of the flowers too. Really skilful and imaginative art.

Mitralee said...

THIS BOOK IS EPIC! Super pretty colors and splatters! Over the top love of this project! hugs for playing along with LESSology!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...