Sunday, May 31, 2015

Crazy Cupcakes Anyone !!!

Hi Friends

sharing a  mixed media layout


I do not have any WIP pics, the following pic( Bad pic, pl excuse) shows the piece after some texture, color and stamping has been added. I created texture by randomly making some design by dripping white glue straight from the bottle and letting it dry. I have then sprayed with mists made out of artist quality watercolors and stamping with archival black. The butterfly is from Tim holtz Tissue wrap- Melange and adhered with Gel medium.

The following is a better pic.....I have recycled a waste card stock paper which had some ugly scribbles on the other side.Next pic shows the back side when I was attaching it with the double sided tape to another piece of salvaged textured paper (seen below) to strengthen my base.


 so the recycled part is this....


.......here come more layers of colors and more stamping and Tissue wrap.....the sentiment is computer generated and colored with distress inks.


my butterfly gets a touch of color and glamour with the awesome shimmery ColourArte Silk Acrylic Glazes........

The cupcakes are free images from the net,re-sized and printed on laser printer on white card stock, fussy cut , layered, stamped and colored........ do you see the texture here..........


What if I tell you that these are real sprinkles on these cup cakes ?? well mad as it sounds,this is true !! The cupcakes have been textured with white glue and texture paste 'Icing' and 'real sprinkles'. After these dried completely, have sprayed with two coats of spray varnish to seal the sweet sprinkles.......so as to avoid any visits from my small friends from the insect world to come 'taste' my painting !!


 added both the cup cakes with foam tape for some more dimension.... the sprinkles got a final light brush of silver mica powder to really make them shine .........






I do hope you like my adventures in Mixed Media, I can tell you, I am having some good fun !!
linking to 
http://lessology.blogspot.sg/2015/05/lessology-challenge47-lets-have-cupcake.html

http://www.unrulypaperarts.com/2015/05/may-2015-readers-art-quest.html

http://cosmicstrawberry-colette.blogspot.in/2015/05/cosmic-colours-challenge-13.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Cosmic+Strawberry






Please do leave your comments. I would love to read what you say and I would love to visit your blog too !!

9 comments:

Pamellia said...

Wow, how wonderful is this!! What an amazing piece Suman! Love those colours, they just swirl together so seamlessly and your texture is amazing with all those beads!! Gorgeous butterfly and I love how you popped up your cupcakes for added dimension! hugs :)

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Yummy ! Your experiments with mixed media is very inspiring Suman. Love the textures with glue and the cup cake icing with real sprinkles. ..something to watch out!

SD pooja said...

Real sprinkles ?? I must admit ants were first to come on my mind..poor things you have sealed the cupcakes ;) Loved the texture with glue and the cupcakes too :)

Colette said...

Wow! Very scrummy Suman! Love the textures. Thank you for playing along with Cosmic Colours this month x

yyam said...

Oh wow. Super yummy looking cupcakes! I love your "sprinkles"! :)

Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

Mitralee said...

oh my goodness, super love those real sprinkles! I was happy with the color mixing with the glue and the texture on this piece! Super cool and thanks for playing with LESSology! Hugs from NY!

Unknown said...

Sooooo love this - perfect example of incredible mixed media artwork. It looks 3D! That glue made the most wonderful background EVER - the texture is FABULOUS. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. j.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW super creative!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Unknown said...

wow.. this is amazing! i love it! it came out great.. awesome job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...